Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Regrets

This is not about you loving me as much as I love you.
This is not about me giving everything, while you refraining from giving back.
This is not about me fighting with the world, while you waiting for a "fitting" life.
This is not about me crawling from one day to another, while you watching with pity.
This is not about me coming to a dead end, while you choosing among several paths.
This is not about me bleeding for the rest of my life, while you walking smiling.
This is about the small moments you stubbornly refused to give. Not to me. To us.

I shall never be able to arrange the collar of your shirt.
I shall never be able to make you a tea during the cold nights.
I shall never feel your hand helping me to jump over a puddle on a rainy day.
I shall never be able to watch you from the bathroom door, while you are shaving.
I shall never feel the ticking of your heart, while you are taking a nap.
I shall never hear you smacking your lips, while you are eating the food I cooked for you.
I shall never throw the slippers after you for leaving them in the middle of the room.
I shall never see you smiling, while I am doing my funny faces.
I shall never feel the the sand and the waves of the ocean together with you.
I shall never share a chocolate with you.
I shall never run after you because you forgot your earphones.
I shall never steal the remote control just to have your attention.
I shall never be able to buy you a beer on my way home.
I shall never be able to smell your perfume in the morning and roll my eyes with pleasure.
I shall never be able to be by your side, when life sucks.
I shall never have my tears wiped by your fingers.

Regrets that will always live in my heart and will tear me apart.

6 comments:

Shakti_Shetty said...

Beautifully heartbreaking.

Thais said...

@Shakti I know. :) Bloody written with my own blood. :)

CruciFire said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thais said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Priyanka Dharamsi said...

Beautifully written!
The more number of times I read it, the more perceptions I discovered. :)
And loved this line- "This is about the small moments you stubbornly refused to give. Not to me. To us."

Thais said...

@Pri Thanks a lot Pri. I wish to comment more, but I can't at present.